- of Castile
Castilian is a noun and adjective that refers to the region and former kingdom of Castile in Spain; in particular, it may refer to a native person of Castile or to the language of this region, and is therefore considered by many to be a synonym of Spanish, though with different nuances. The following articles provide further information.
- Castile, for information on the region and its people.
- Castilian people, for the ethnic group from this region.
- Spanish language, for general information on the language including dialectal variation in Castile, the rest of Spain and Spain's former colonies.
- Names given to the Spanish language, for details on the use of the terms español, castellano, Spanish and Castilian.
- Castilian Spanish for information on the dialect of Spanish spoken in Castile, or Spanish dialects and varieties for a more general scope.
Castilian in Arabic: إسبانية
Castilian in Danish: Spansk
Castilian in Spanish: Castellano
Castilian in Esperanto: Kastilia lingvo
Castilian in French: Espagnol (homonymie)
Castilian in Macedonian: Шпански јазик
Castilian in Polish: Język kastylijski
Castilian in Romanian: Castelană
Castilian in Simple English: Spanish